One more other riders managed to break the series victory this season, Sebastian Vettel. This time it was Fernando Alonso, who successfully won the British Grand Prix race.
In a race held at Silverstone on Sunday (07/10/2011) night, Alonso did not win easily. At the start of the race he had trouble overtaking Red Bull Racing duo, Vettel and Mark Webber ahead.
Lewis Hamilton. But the crucial moment of the double world champion's where the incident in the paddock Vettel makes Alonso is able to claim the first position.
From lap 28 until the finish flag was unfurled, Alonso managed to keep the first position and his first victory this season. He completed 52 laps with a gap of time from Vettel in second place was 19.9 seconds.
Vettel finally completed the race in second, followed by Webber in third. Both of them had engaged in a fierce duel where Webber was barely ahead of his partner.Likewise, when the fight occurred in the last lap exclamation between Hamilton and Felipe Massa eventually won by Hamilton to seal fourth place.
Nico Rosberg, Sergio Perez, Nick Heidfeld, Michael Schumacher and Jamie Alguesuari complete the top 10 racers.
Detailed results of the British GP
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Alonso Ferrari 1h28: 41 194
2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 16 511
3. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 16 947
4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 28 986
5. Massa Ferrari + 29 010
6. Rosberg Mercedes 1:00.665 +
7. Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1:05.590 +
8. Heidfeld Renault + 1:15.542
9. Schumacher Mercedes 1:17.912 +
10. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:19.108 +
11. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:19.712 +
12. Petrov Renault + 1:20.600
13. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth +1 lap
14. Maldonado Williams-Cosworth +1 lap
15. In Resta Force India-Mercedes + 1 lap
16. Glock Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps
17. D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps
18. Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
19. HRT-Cosworth Ricciardo + 3 laps
Did not finish
Driver Team Gap
Button McLaren-Mercedes 11
Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 26
Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 28
Lotus-Renault Trulli 41
Lotus-Renault Kovalainen 49