Casey Stoner won the first start position in the German MotoGP. In qualifying on Saturday (16/07/2011) night, managed to outperform Dani Pedrosa. Casey Stoner took pole position with a record time of 1 minute 21.681 seconds. The starting tedepan Australian rider was obtained in the last moment.
Negative results should be achieved by Valentino Rossi in qualifying this time. He will start the race from 16th or penultimate. Quoted from Autosport, becoming the worst start of The Doctor in MotoGP this season.
Qualifying this evening's accident marred Cal Crutchlow and Karel Abraham. But both can finish the session.
German MotoGP qualifying results on Saturday (07/16/2011) night
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 1m 21.681s
2. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 1m 21.933s ESP
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing ESP 1m 21.944s
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 21.954s
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 22.056s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda 1m 22.157s
7. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha Monster 1m 22.368s
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 1m 22.388s
9. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 1m 22.503s
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki 1m 22.604s
11. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar 1m 22.676s
12. Cal Crutchlow GBR Tech 3 Yamaha Monster 1m 22.676s
13. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 23.164s
14. Toni Elias Honda ESP LCR 1m 23.201s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 23.248s
16. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro 1m 23.320s
17. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Pramac Racing 1m 24.707s