A number of racers including the head of the standings, Casey Stoner, fell at the first practice session of the German MotoGP at the Sachsenring, Friday (07/15/2011). Marco Simoncelli in this session to be the fastest.
In addition to Stoner, his counterpart in the Repsol Honda, Dani Pedrosa, also was thrown from his motorcycle when he joined the session. Similar incidents experienced by Valentino Rossi and Toni Elias. All occurred at Turn 11 which is on track climbs.
Pedrosa, who suffered from the incident, it must be satisfied at the 11.
1. Marco Simoncelli Honda Gresini 1m22.823s
2. Casey Stoner Honda 1m23.004s + 0.181s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m23.046s + 0.223s
4. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m23.205s + 0.382s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m23.355s + 0.532s
6. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m23.416s + 0.593s
7. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m23.433s + 0.610s
8. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m23.534s + 0.711s
9. Ben Spies to Yamaha 1m23.558s + 0.735s
10. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m23.594s + 0.771s
11. Dani Pedrosa Honda + 0.781s 1m23.604s
12. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m23.989s + 1.166s
13. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m24.162s + 1.339s
14. Valentino Rossi, Ducati 1m24.512s + 1.689s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama Honda Gresini 1m24.620s + 1.797s
16. LCR Honda's Toni Elias 3.237s + 1m26.060s
17. Loris Capirossi Ducati Pramac 3.511s + 1m26.334s